If you are interested in attending Idaho Syringa Girls State, here’s what you need to know!
- Are you a Junior in high school?
- Do you have at least one more semester of high school remaining?
- Do you have a 2.0 or better GPA?
- Are you interested in learning about how our government works?
- Are you interested in building a better world?
Then you should apply! Here’s how:
- Go to your school counselor, and let them know you’d like to attend Idaho Syringa Girls State. Alternatively, you may speak with your Principal or Civics instructor.
- Fill out the Girls State Interview Form. These are returned to the School, and the School then gives them to your local American Legion Auxiliary Unit. Make sure you have completed the questions as requested!
- Prepare for your interview. The American Legion Auxiliary sponsors Girls State, and so your local Auxiliary Unit will interview each candidate.
- Come dressed for success! Wear your most business-like suit, and be confident! We want you to attend, we just want to get to know you first!
- You will be asked a series of questions about yourself and about current events. Make sure to brush up ahead of time!
- You will be notified of your selection status by the local Unit who interviews you.
- If you are selected as a delegate to Girls State, then see our “For Delegates” Page for more information!
If your school counselors do not know about Girls State, you can refer them to the Girls State Session Coordinator or your local American Legion Auxiliary Unit at IdahoALASecretary@gmail.com.